Saturday, April 18, 2009

Pistachio-Lime Hummus




Saturdays are my food prep days for the week. Savanna and I made several things today, and thought I share a couple of the highlights. Savanna actually made this hummus herself. Don't let the color deter you! In our quest to find no-bean hummus recipes for Brad, this one is REALLY yummy and very simple. The kind of recipe I like!

Pistachio-Lime Hummus

  • 1 cup of raw pistachios
  • 1/2 tahini
  • 1/4 cup lime juice
  • 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup of water
  • 1/4 cup of olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp of salt
  • 1/2 tsp of cinnamon

Process all the ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth. You might need to add extra water or oil if it's too thick. It will also thicken in the fridge, so keep that in mind. We omitted the garlic and cinnamon, and it had a very mild, smooth flavor (made it for a 5 year old after all!), but I bet the garlic would give it a nice kick. Not sure about the cinnamon...sounded a bit weird to me. Let me know if you try it and how you like it!


No comments: