- 4 oz of silken tofu
- 6 Tb of lemon juice
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 3/4 Tb of Dijon mustard
- 2 tsps of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp of Kelp powder or Dulse flakes
- 3/4 cups of extra virgin olive oil
Saturday, August 14, 2010
- 2 1/2 cups of whole wheat pastry flour (get at any health food store)
- 1/2 Tb baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups of turbinado sugar
- 1 cup of refined coconut oil or melted coconut butter
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/3 cup of ice water
- 1 Tb of black strap molasses
- 1/2 Tb vanilla extract
- 1 10 oz bag of vegan chocolate chips or carob chips
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts (optional)
Sunday, August 8, 2010
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 2 Tb of yeast
- 5 Tb melted Crisco (I substitute olive oil)
- 3 Tb sugar
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 6 cups of flour (we did 3 cups of whole wheat & 3 cups of white flour- any more whole wheat than that and it becomes very heavy)
Saturday, August 7, 2010
- 4-6 Tb of olive oil
- 3-4 small red onions, diced
- 1 head of celery, chopped or sliced
- 5-6 carrots, sliced
- 1 bag of red potatoes, diced
- 1 bag of frozen corn
- 2 cans of crushed tomatoes (I use fresh tomatoes and process them in my fp)
- 1-2 cans of white beans
- Seasonings- I use a LOT of seasonings. Garlic powder, onion powder, Spike, dried parsley, sea salt, pepper, a dash of cayenne, etc. Use whatever you like, to taste.
- 2/3 cup of real maple syrup (grade b)
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup rice milk (or soy milk)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup fine organic cornmeal
- 1 Tb baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tb cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 3 Tb of rice vinegar
- 3 Tb of turbinado sugar
- 1 Tb ketchup
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tb olive oil
- 4-5 minced garlic cloves
- 1 diced onion
- 2 sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 diced green or red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 14oz package of extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 1 inch cubes
Sunday, August 1, 2010
*For baby food: Cool, puree, and serve or freeze in baby cubes.
**Freezing Instructions: Allow to cool, place in appropriate container or Ziploc bag, label and freeze up to 4 months. When ready, defrost in fridge for 24 hours or place in pot and heat through under low-medium heat.
Saturday, July 24, 2010
1/2 Cup Bulgar Wheat
1 Cup Water
1 15 Oz Can Pinto Beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 Cup Cheese, grated (we used goat cheese- this can be optional)
1/2 Cup Carrot, grated
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
1 Tbsp Oil
Accompaniments: Bread, Lettuce, Tomato, Ketchup, Mustard, Mayonnaise, Pickles
1. Place the Bulgar wheat and water in a pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover for 13 minutes.
2. After the Bulgar has cooked, place in a bowl and let cool.
3. Place 1 can of rinsed and drained pinto beans in a food processor and puree.
4. Add the pureed beans, cheese, carrot, salt, garlic and onion powder to cooked Bulgar and mix thoroughly.
5. Form into patties.
6. Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat and cook the burgers for 3 minutes on each side.
7. Serve with accompaniments.
* Patties can be frozen on a baking sheet for one hour and placed in a large zipper bag or individually wrapped and frozen. Defrost, then cook.
1 1/2 lbs of ground turkey or vegan meat substitute
1/4 cup pesto (we added a bit more- made them a little greasy and they crisped up nicely in the oven)
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 tsp of sea salt
2 cups of Marinara Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place all the ingredients (except for the marinara sauce) in a bowl and using your hands, combine until everything is incorporated.
3. Using about 1 tablespoon of the mixture per meatball, roll into balls and place on a plate.
4. Pour the marinara sauce into a 9 x 9 inch baking pan and top with the meatballs.
5. Cover the baking pan with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
*Roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet and freeze. After 30 minutes place the par-frozen balls in a ziploc bag, label and freeze. When ready, defrost in fridge for 24 hours or put them straight in the oven with sauce increasing cooking time by 5 minutes.
- 4 cups of fresh spinach
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 Tb of lemon juice
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 cups of whole golden fax seeds (soaked in 2 cups of water for 4 hours or overnight is fine)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 large oranges, juiced
- Raw Pecans
- Raw Walnuts
- Raw Almonds
- Raw Sunflower Seeds
- Raw Cashews
- Golden Raisins
- Coconut Shavings
- Vegan Carob Chips
- Dried Cranberries
- 2 large avocados, diced
- 3 ears of sweet corn (corn cut off the cob- don't use frozen or canned)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teas of cumin
- 1-2 teas of oregano
- sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste