Saturday, August 14, 2010

Cashew "Mock" Chicken Salad

These next few recipes are dedicated to my good pal, Lara. It's fun to have someone so excited to read my food blog and actually try my recipes! Plus, I'm very excited that she is making so many positive changes in her health- love you girl!

Savanna and I made this recipe this morning. It's one of my favorite raw recipes. It tastes very similar to chicken salad. I usually serve it stuffed in a raw red bell pepper or over lettuce. You can put it on bread like an actual sandwich or with crackers like we did today.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
1 cup pecans
1 cup cashews
1 cucumber, cut in chunks
1 stalk of celery
2 diced green onions (optional)
juice of 1/2 a lemon
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp dill
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder

Throw all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse chop until medium fine. Chill and serve!

No comments: