Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Summer Salad


Is it just me, or aren't salads beautiful? I love the different flavors and colors you can throw into a salad. This is one of our all-time favorite salads. We actually learned the recipe at a Pampered Chef party I threw a few years back! It is delicious and filling, and is the perfect meal or side dish for a warm summer day.

Ingredients:

Mixed greens- I used Romaine, Butter Leaf, Red Leaf, and a little Spinach
Strawberries, sliced thinly
Shredded Carrots
Red Onion, sliced thinly
Cucumber, sliced thinly
Blueberries
Pecans, chopped (I think I used walnuts in this picture because we were out of pecans)
Poppyseed Dressing (We love Brianna's Rich Poppyseed Dressing)

This looks beautiful in a large, glass, Pampered Chef trifle bowl. Layer all of the ingredients evenly throughout the bowl, top with the dressing, and it is ready!

No comments: