Saturday, July 7, 2012

Arugula Salad with Orange Juice Vinaigrette

Yes, another salad. But it's summer and I don't have to turn on my oven! Plus I am lucky that my children will all gobble up salads- just have to vary it up a little and they are happy, healthy campers. :)

Ingredients:
1-2 heads of Arugula
1 head of Butter Leaf
2 fresh mangoes, diced
2 avocados, diced
Several Tbs of sliced almonds per bowl

Chop arugula and lettuce coarsely and top with fruit and nuts.
 
Vinaigrette:
I just kind of eyeballed this ,but I added approx 4-6 Tbs of O.J. concentrate to approx 2 Tbs of rice vinegar to approx 1 Tb of olive oil. I did add a small amount of water too, but you can just mix and keep tasting it until you like it. We like it tangy with a hint of vinegar so we add more O.J.

Like I said, super easy but really, really good!

No comments: